ALL AUTHOR SLOTS FOR 2018 HAVE BEEN FILLED!
is an intimate and fun literary gathering that features 25-30 authors who share their experiences and sell their works while promoting literacy thru panel discussions, workshops and speakers.
The Black Authors & Readers Rock Weekend provides authors the opportunity to:
- Meet 150-200
avid readers – in an up close and intimate setting.
- Introduce and sell their books to readers who might not otherwise have been exposed to their work.
- Meet, mingle, share and learn from other authors and readers.
The event is comprised of:
- One Keynote Speaker
- Five Featured Authors and
- 15-20 Exhibiting Authors
Keynote and featured speakers are usually invited by the organizer, however if you meet
the criteria below and are interested in being featured, please feel free to send an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An author who is well known (for example is a NY Times or Essence Best Selling Author), who has wide name recognition due to his/her writing accomplishments, and who will raise enthusiasm among the attending readers. This author will have published
at least one new work in the 12 months before the event and will speak to the entire audience for 40-50 minutes during the annual luncheon.
Featured Author - Would have several published works, including at least one in the 12 months before the event, have appeared on an established best-seller list or garnered excellent reviews. This author should be able to conduct or participate
in a 30-40 minute independent workshop or panel. If you’re interested and meet the criteria please contact Sharon Lucas at email@example.com. If you are not chosen as a featured author, we encourage you to consider registering
as an Exhibiting or vendor author.
Exhibiting Authors -This would include seasoned authors seeking to expand their audience
and new/emerging authors who are looking for an audience These authors are the backbone of this event as it is our goal to introduce them to an audience of avid readers and thus open new avenues of interest for both the writer and the reader.
- The Exhibiting Author fee covers: Admittance to the Friday evening reception and panel discussions,
the Saturday Author Expo and luncheon; a table to display and sell books during the Author Expo; tablecloth and skirting are provided.
- Each author is required to provide
a short bio which must include the title of their latest book, any awards, a headshot, contact email and/or website address, and a phone number.
- Helpers or other guests traveling
with the author are required to purchase appropriate ticket(s) for the event.
- Thirty days before the event, refunds or substitutions will cease.